- August 8, 2016
- Posted by: David Marshall
- Category: Manufacturing
I oversaw the building of new ultra-modern 130,000 square foot manufacturing facility to better serve the company’s oilfield market, and provide better access to the Port of Houston.
The new plant included:
- Unique, highly efficient fiberglass-reinforced plastics (FRP) manufacturing systems supported by advanced process controls.
- Robotics and automation for repeatability and precision.
- Full range of traceability.
- Tried, tested and proven technologies for optimum productivity.
- Quality checkpoints built into the production process.
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
This also helped us reduce our total staffing requirements by updating our technology to more automatic machines, which required less lifting and moving of parts, as well as laying out the facility so everything flowed smoothly.
This new manufacturing facility also improved our environmental impact because we were using more environmentally-friendly technology and materials to achieve our same manufacturing standards
Need to upgrade your plant or manufacturing facility? I’ve been a manufacturing executive, as well as a sales and marketing professional, for a few decades. Now I help companies turn around their own business. If you would like more information, please visit my website and connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn.